The Recipe for Fresh Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
3/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Fresh Pineapple, Peeled, Cored and Cut into slices (Canned pineapple rings will work too)
Maraschino Cherries (Optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit (F).
2. Melt the butter, and brush a little into your (about 9 inch) cake pan.
3. Mix 5 Tbsp. Butter with Dark Brown Sugar and 1/4 Cup of the Pineapple Juice, then pour into the cake pan. Arrange your pineapple and optional cherries on top of the brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the Flour, Salt, White Sugar, and Baking Powder.
5. Separate the Eggs, and beat the whites until stiff.
6. Beat the egg yolks until they are a creamy lemon yellow color. Stir in the rest of the Pineapple Juice, Butter, and Vanilla. Add this mixture to the flour mix, and gently fold in egg whites. Pour the batter over the pineapple and brown sugar.
7. Bake at 400 Degrees F for 30 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for ten minutes. Cover your cake pan tightly with a serving dish and flip it upside down, so the pineapple is on the top. Remove cake pan, and Enjoy!